How can I open ports in router and firewall?

I’ve been using YAUP but it feels buggy. I have to press the buttons many times for it to activate each port and it fails often. Is there other simple way to use miniupnpc or something similar? Without having to code in C if possible, because I’ve seen that on stackoverflow.

YAUP sometimes says It seems there's something wrong with the device I want to speak to. Please check my settings. and it doesn’t work at all.

I finally found how to open the ports in the router. I had to select the customize option:

Firewall

Configure the firewall.

You can set the Firewall protection level in your Livebox. Default level (medium) it is recommended since assures the operation of your services and the protection of your local network.

low

The firewall does not filter anything. Be careful, this level is reserved to advanced users to whom security is not a priority. Note also that even in this mode, a connection iniated from Internet will not be permitted if a NAT/PAT rule is not created on purpose.

medium

The firewall drops all entering connections. Outgoing traffic is allowed except Netbios services. This mode is the recommended one.

high

The firewall allows the exit of standard services (www,ftp,mail,news,…) and drops unexpected entering connections. This setting is recommended to have a maximal security level. Warning : incompatible with Unik and other services.

Applications (ex: LiveMessenger, peer-to-peer applications, games) relying on the NAT-traversal facilities provided by UPnP IGD will not work properly any more.

customize

This profile allows you to customize your firewall. Thus, you can define some specific filtering rules. (Reserved to expert users).

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.