How can I build evdevhook on Manjaro?

Hi all,

I got a DualSense controller recently and it works great on steam games. I can’t get any input to detect on other runners though and I found this (GitHub - v1993/evdevhook: libevdev based DSU/cemuhook joystick server) software that says it provides motion support for the DualSense controller on linux. I don’t see a straight path to building it though (no evdevhook file anywhere). I’m on the 5.12 kernel. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Have you tried this excellent tutorial yet?

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Creating_packages

:crossed_fingers:

@Fabby this tutorial didn’t help at all but I noticed the CMakeLists.txt file and then was able to install with
mkdir build && cd build
followed by
cmake ..
make

The program still doesn’t work so I’m thinking it must be something with the dependencies. What are the AUR equivalents for sudo apt install libevdev-dev libudev-dev libglibmm-2.4-dev nlohmann-json3-dev zlib1g-dev ? I have libevdev libgudev libudev0-shim glibmm nlohmann-json zlib installed on my system which I think should cover the mentioned ubuntu dependencies but I’m not sure.

You can use the pamac install command, which can pull down from AUR and build/install. You will have to find out the package equivalents yourself by browsing the AUR.

He’s suggesting you build an AUR package for edevhook. It’s a good suggestion.

1 Like

What would the benefit be of making an AUR package that I can’t get to work? Would it be that making a non-functional package would bring more visibility to the issue than posting about it here?

In the process you can learn how to compile projects. If you can give someone the PKGBUILD file they can build it easily and/or find out where you’re going wrong. No one has time to decipher what “IT DOESN’T WORK” actually means.

How to compile CMake projects is covered in unlimited other places that I am sure you can find.

None, indeed…

:wink:

this has led me more off track than installing the software initially. Example pkgbuild here but I am not familiar at all with making these. I also had to find a separate guide for making pkgbuilds based off of cmake:

> # This is an example PKGBUILD file. Use this as a start to creating your own,
> # and remove these comments. For more information, see 'man PKGBUILD'.
> # NOTE: Please fill out the license field for your package! If it is unknown,
> # then please put 'unknown'.
> 
> # Maintainer: Your Name <youremail@domain.com>
> pkgname=evdevhook
> pkgver=1
> pkgrel=1
> epoch=
> pkgdesc="libevdev based DSU/cemuhook joystick server"
> arch=('x86_64')
> url="https://github.com/v1993/evdevhook.git"
> license=('GPL')
> groups=()
> depends=()
> makedepends=(cmake)
> checkdepends=()
> optdepends=()
> provides=()
> conflicts=()
> replaces=()
> backup=()
> options=()
> install=
> changelog=
> source=("$pkgname-$pkgver.tar.gz::https://github.com/v1993/evdevhook/archive/refs/heads/master.zip")
> noextract=()
> md5sums=('37be98fa947997642981ca1be3cf4c6c')
> validpgpkeys=()
> 
> 
> build() {
>     cmake -B build -S "${pkgver}" \
>         -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE='None' \
>         -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX='/usr' \
>         -Wno-dev
>     make -C build
> }
> 
> check() {