Highlight branches text

In this guide:

https://wiki.manjaro.org/index.php?title=Switching_Branches

i would highlight the words stable, testing, unstable. They are in cursive yet difficult to see. Maybe bold or another color.

They already are Bold for the bullet points.

What forum skin are you using for the wiki?

Personal menu > Preferences > Appearance > Skin

Material Design Theme.

I said forum by accident. Obviously were talking about the wiki here. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Again, what skin are you using?

The branch names aren’t even in the screenshot you posted.

I’m not logged to wiki, the username from forums doesn’t work.

Then let’s start all over. What specifically are you asking to change? I’m still not clear.

See the attached screenshot, branches are italic there.

There are no italics used in the screenshot and the branch names aren’t there, either. :thinking:

Nevermind, apparently I’m blind. :drooling_face:

@Yochanan change words color (don’t know how to change font color in this forums so I write it in words):

• stable to stable in green
  • testing to testing in yellow
  • unstable to unstable in red

1 Like

I believe OP meant somefling like this:

https://anonfiles.com/B183kbVdu9/717819c9b0a755d62116d4575af0958dc2dfb577_jpeg

To be fair I think it is already clear enough as is, in the context of the sentence, with the previous paragraph of explanation. Maybe having it in bold, why not, but real question, why adding colors? It would add confusion in my opinion.

@omano @Mirdarthos yes that’s the idea, to match colors displayed in this table:

I know about the table, thanks. I added the image/explanation for @Yochanan’s benefit.

1 Like

I’m blind, good grief. Now that I’ve seen the twenty seven eight-by-ten color glossy photographs with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explaining what each one is, I got it now. :laughing:

I agree. There’s already green there for emphasis and adding more colors would be confusing. Do we really need color coding for each branch? If we do it there, do we do it everywhere?

1 Like

I think the point was to differentiate them as your options 1 or 2 or 3, especially considering the other formatting.

I suppose we could do bold instead if folks think 1 or 2 or 3 is preferable.

Just did it. How’s that look, @Tribble?

@Yochanan it’s perfect thanks.
Out of curiosity, why staging is not available there but is on previous kernel link?

There’s really no point in mentioning stable-staging, it’s more of a buffer zone between other branches.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.