Hey, how I solve the cursor "tearing/flickering" for some seconds when I make my cursor go to the left part of the monitor

So… Yeah… I’m on the Manjaro latest version I downloaded here, but, for now, the only problem I see is that this problem that (I say on the title) is causing some flickering for some seconds: (video soon)

If you hope to get any assistance with this matter, you will have to provide some information about your setup.

This is my specs: My PC Specs... - Pastebin.com

For some reason, by the: thing/vmlinuz or for another thing, it was detecting as a link…

Hello @NicoBR333 :wink:

Maybe this helps:

Create a file in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/ and name it 20-intel.conf. Then put this into it:

Section "Device"
    Identifier "device0"
    Driver "intel"
    Option "TearFree" "true"
    Option "AccelMethod" "uxa"
EndSection

With running man intel in a terminal you will see more options, which could help.

I can’t create, the option is blank

Open a terminal and type:

sudo nano  /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/20-intel.conf

then copy&paste it there. Save it with CTRL + S and close the file with CTRL + X. Reboot.

I will restart rn

I don’t make that okayhand

So… it “solved”, but, the performance for some reason gets worse, and, now the mouse, on the same part, now the mouse “freezes”, so I will revert the changes

reverted… Yeah… For now Idk what to do… I had that problem with any linux distro… The mouse problem on left part of the monitor/screen

@NicoBR333 Maybe the older AccelMethod uxa instead of sna was not the best way…

Here is an older laptop i have, also with an atom processor:

$ inxi -Gazy
Graphics:
  Device-1: Intel Atom Processor Z36xxx/Z37xxx Series Graphics & Display 
  vendor: Lenovo driver: i915 v: kernel bus ID: 00:02.0 chip ID: 8086:0f31 
  Device-2: Acer Lenovo EasyCamera type: USB driver: uvcvideo bus ID: 1-4.1:3 
  chip ID: 5986:0652 serial: <filter> 
  Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.20.10 driver: intel display ID: :0.0 screens: 1 
  Screen-1: 0 s-res: 1366x768 s-dpi: 96 s-size: 361x203mm (14.2x8.0") 
  s-diag: 414mm (16.3") 
  Monitor-1: eDP1 res: 1366x768 hz: 60 dpi: 102 size: 340x190mm (13.4x7.5") 
  diag: 389mm (15.3") 
  OpenGL: renderer: Mesa DRI Intel HD Graphics (BYT) v: 4.2 Mesa 20.3.1 
  compat-v: 3.0 direct render: Yes 

I experienced also some flickering on the left side where my panel is located and i just added this:

$ cat /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/20-intel.conf 
Section "Device"
  Identifier "Intel Graphics"
  Driver "intel"
  Option "TearFree" "true"
EndSection

That solved it.

actually my PC is with Celeron J3060, but, I will try it, even, try does not make damage on my internal PC

So, the performance this time, gets the same or better maybe, but the problem persists (but atleast it stops in some times, like, in 1 seconds and without touching the start menu, it just stopped, but, if more than 1 second, it just starts again… So…)

Now I see that was a compiz problem that was happening that, but, the cursor is still “blinking”