Help with manjaro installation, system is not booting up after fresh installation

I am trying to do fresh installation of manjaro xfce 18.0.4 on my samsung laptop with core i3 2nd gen with integrated graphics, earlier this laptop had windows 10, i have done following things...
-disabled fast startup before installing windows
-deleted windows partition and installed manjaro
-checked iso of manjaro before installing
-used rufus 3.5 to make live usb( DD mode)
-tried installation manually as well as erasing the whole disk
-after successfull installtion, on rebooting sytem is not starting up, i am attaching the screenshot of what its showing on bootup

dont know if i have provided all the needed info, please ask and help to get it started.

SOLVED: had to flag the partition to 'boot' using gparted

Make sure you set it to DD mode.

thanks for the reply but yes i used DD mode

is the system bios system or uefi??
if bios after installing do not reboot go to gparted and set boot and maybe even legacy-bios flag on the installed partition.
and after applying the flags again start gparted and make sure those flags are set.
then reboot.

2 Likes

thanks alot dear, flagging the partition with gparted worked. this problem was driving me crazy. followed many complicated tutorial to reinstall or rescue grub. it was such a simple thing to do:sweat_smile:
dont know why installer was not setting the flag to boot:worried:
anyway, thanks alot.

1 Like

well i was also hit by it at one time tried so many things.
now after looking at my bios there is uefi option so now i use uefi dont wanna use legacy bios now.

I remember the same thing happening to me. Like @Librewish, I tried every solution that came with the search results for "not booting after fresh installation." And then I came across this on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glke5etcQok. I tried it and it worked. If your problem is the same as the one I had, this might do the trick. Please note though that I am definitely not an expert--I'm just a linux novice desperate to get away from Windows.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.