Manjaro can't load modem manager

And to be clear, you just use that command, and that’s all, select your system to chroot, and you’re done, nothing to mount manually or whatever the linked outdated not for Manjaro tutorial explains. Do the command, select system, you’re chrooted.

ok at least I’d wait that our partner to have some initiative to get the basic commands info, I have fixed some problems in Manjaro with information taken from sites with content not specifically for Manjaro, maybe you’d like to go to his home to fix his problem!!!

No thanks. But giving proper information would be a good start.

:wink:

1 Like

You’re forgetting that some commands and methods to fix problems are cross distro compatible, one of the mean reasons most of people don’t want to migrate to GNU/Linux is because it implies start learning (seriously learning) and I think this guy is looking for easy things, don’t promote that lack of compromise.

Issue here is that what you gave him is not working and not “easy” at all (specifically compared to one command only solution I gave).

But OK. Have a nice day.

1 Like

OK I try to analyze your problem, because it is not really clear what happened…

1. It stucks at random messages
  2. You can change TTY
  3. no common command works there

If I have to judge, then there is a problem with your drive, since you also said it “crashed”. The root partition can not be mounted and therefore stucks at the initramfs (initial ram disk). pacman and other tools are not available there.

You must definitely check your drive and boot a Manjaro Install Disk (or any other). And run fsck on that disk and also check SMART values.

HAVE A LOOK AT THESE LINKS:
S.M.A.R.T. - ArchWiki.
fsck - ArchWiki

when i do this, it says no such file or directory. i think another problem is one of my hard drives is full.

how do you run fsck?

this tutorial is helpful except i don’t know how to get to #root

So i got pretty far into the video up until the point where it says apt-get update, i don’t know what the commands for manjaro are since that video they’re using something i’m not familiar with.

it’s not that i’m looking for “easy things” persay, moreso more clear and direct instructions as this is not as easy as a 1,2,3 watch a video and be done with it kind of fix. i’ve been at this for the past 6 hours as of writing this post. to no avail my beautiful machine is still not working. i get a lot of errors and commands not working.

The part I linked in the page was ONLY for the chroot using the manjaro tool called manjaro-chroot. Basically exactly as I and megavolt said, just type the ONE command to chroot your system.

What I also confirmed and placed great emphasis on.

Don’t want to be rude but did you read what we wrote?

I didn’t link this page for you to follow it from top to bottom.

yes i have read everything, multiple times. when i try that command, manjaro-chroot -a, it says grub drives cannot be found. as well as the other directories it displays cannot be found. what do you suggest now?

something that maybe of value that i’ve figured out over the past couple hours:
i am able to enter TTY by pressing ctrl alt f3 on the error page when i try to boot my system.
sudo pacman -Syyu doesn’t lock the databases therefore failing.

Multiple times suggested: Boot from Manjaro Install Disk (*.iso), because it easier for a Rookie. Your root filesystem is totally full, corrupt or your harddrive has a failure.

that is the error i receive when i am booted from usb drive. i don’t understand your advice here, because yes i am aware there is a problem with the hard drive. this command manjaro-chroot -a Does Not Work. so again, i am not fully clear on what to do next. so can you suggest a next step for me to take since i have already booted from a usb drive? if this is not what you mean can you please simplify this for me instead of making it a puzzle? sorry i am so puzzled on this but i must reiterate i do not do this kind of stuff for fun. nor have i ever really done something of this nature with a linux machine, period. something so easy for you to understand, is not the easiest for me to figure out, by myself.

this comment really doesn’t make sense, since i tried that command while booted from the usb drive, and was given the error that you quoted from me. so what, am i supposed to boot linux thru booting linux from the usb drive?? make it make sense brother.

Good step 1 is done :white_check_mark:

1. Open a terminal
  2. check which drives are there. Type lsblk --fs
  3. Keep sure all drives apart the Live session are unmounted. Type sudo umount -a
  4. Now check it: sudo fsck -a /dev/sdYN (example: /dev/sda1)

Does this make more sense?

this does make more sense. but here it seems we have more issues.
when i do lsblk --fs , i see all drives saying fsavail at 0%
when i try sudo unmount -a , that command is not found.
and sudo fsck -a /dev/sdyn says “fsck from util-linux 2.35.1”

not unmount, but umount

ok well… /dev/sdyn is a pattern for your drive. I can clearly not know which partition you need to check…

Please type this

lsblk --fs --width 80

and post the ouput here as code like this:

~~~
terminal output
~~~
:arrow_down_small:

terminal output

when i try umount-a it says all targets are busy.
then i try to find sda in your next code and it says bad magic number in superblock error.
then i try your last code and it doesn’t make sense. i don’t understand what you mean by terminal output. just so you’re aware i can’t copy paste code into my computer that’s not functioning properly at the moment. i have to use another computer in my home to be on here, then run over to the next room and try it and then run back.
but i don’t understand where to put “terminal output” and nothing happens when i try the --width 80 code, “unrecognized option --width”

Good luck megavolt.

It is not fully clear… did you run it on the drive or on a partition?

I explain:
s → SCSI
d → Drive
a → first physical drive
1 → first partition

fsck have to be run on a partition, not the whole drive and it have to be ext2/3/4.

However… since the error says that there is damaged the first superblock you need to use a backup superblock to recover data, here is a step by step explanation:

Is there no way to enable a network (Wifi, Cable) there?