Hello to deepin users

Hello everyone,
Anyone interested on deepin here probably knows that there is no new manjaro deepin isos, also that deepin again has not accomplish the last date provided about releasing the new 20 version.

So as I has read that some people has being starting a new ubuntu flavour with deepin, I thought I should post it here:

1 Like

With the remix flavor of Ubuntu and awesome desktop environment (Deepin Desktop Environment) here are some screen-cast of the awesome Operating system’s Beta release.

:crazy_face: :woman_facepalming:

@cscs till now I only have installed in a virtualbox machine (with no errors), at that page the people of the project said that is on alpha, and will launch it in 2 weeks or so with the upcoming ubuntu 20.04LTS.

I still think that people using an old and quite buggy iso of manjaro deepin( As I was) could be interested on it.

I dont know if keeping a stale/broken DDE on frozen ubuntu will be much better.
The issue still lies in deepin development .. and nothing has changed as far as I know. :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

It is based on the alpha testing upcoming iso of ubuntu 20.04, no frozen.
About deepin development I neither know what are the main developpers doing around the out of date new deepin v20 version based on debian.

What I know is that if someone is interested in use deepin, hardly will find a solution in manjaro deepin today.

Hi,
do i need an activation key?:thinking: :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

: D ok
Your video is about UOS v20 test iso, as the new menu is shown, in your funny and nice producted video dionweb. :rofl:

The iso of ubuntudde I tested on virtualbox and now will install on physical ssd seems to use previous deepin DDE version.

The date planned for ubuntu 20.04 is April 23th, not sure if deepin will release the code in time for that date; And as ubuntudde tell it will be based on that version...

Seems 3 different teams of persons should converge on it, and I am not sure about how are the contacts between the three of them...
:thinking:

New Beta release
https://www.deepin.org/en/2020/04/15/deepin-20-beta/
https://distrowatch.com/?newsid=10876

Would be great if the Deepin desktop interface was also available in the V.20 for manjaro.

It's planned to come. - At least a sbk Edition. Maybe even a Community Edition.
deepin v20 needs to get stable first though. - Source-code is not available yet.

Sources:
Source1
Source2 - where I write that an Archer is porting the deb-files to AUR.

1 Like

Forum kindly sponsored by