HDMI possibilty on Manajro arm Phosh pinephone 2GB RAM / 16 GB model?

Hello people,
I am sorry about posting this possibly obvious question, but I am really not able to figure out after searching internet up and down if the basic model of pinephone with 2GB RAM / 16GB ver. 1.2 latest is able to have HDMI output (I own original dock from Pinephone) . In my case with latest release manajro / phosh beta 9 it doesnt work. Is HDMI possible only on the latest model so called convergence package or also on basic model with original dock sepparetly bought ?

It depends on the revision of your hardware. Only revision 1.2a and 1.2b are currently able to use HDMI output. Older versions you have to solder some parts of your PCB.

https://wiki.pine64.org/wiki/PinePhone_1.2_VCONN_Hardware_Fix

1 Like

Thank you for your response,
I have the latest hardware that is Pinephone BE basic model 16GB. It is probably worth to mention that I run dock not with the original charger. My is 5V / 2,4 A max. The USB C standard is also new to me, but I have tried both sides, (I hope I haven’t made any hardware issue).

Charge the phone fully and try without a charger plugged in. Also try more than one monitor.

Thanks for suggestions. I will test it that way.

I don"t know, it could be something specific in my case. I have tried with xrandr and it shows no hdmi. Also when I connect the dock I hear nothing , no sound. By the way what the undocked symbol means? It is always faded out.