HDMI External monitors bugs

Hi everyone,
I like how clean and polished Manjaro is, but there’s one thing I’ve been experiences bugs with, that is when connecting an external monitor with my laptop. If I boot my laptop as is, manjaro boots and works fine, and if I log in and connect an external monitor after that, I can go in display settings and configure it and it runs fine.

But if I have my monitor connected to my laptop before I turn on Manjaro, after the system boots and the black screen showing something like /dev/something here blocks/ blocks, Manjaro boots up and there is the wallpaper, but everything else is missing. No dock, nothing happens when you press the windows key to open app launcher, no apps. Windows key + number shortcut doesn’t work. I can right click on the desktop and that would open the menu that you see, but configure desktop and wallpaper doesn’t do anything and the other things on that menu work but they aren’t very useful. I can’t even open the settings

Interestingly, when I disconnect my external monitor and only my laptop display is there, the same issues get carried forward. Same screen with nothing loading. To fix this, I have to either restart or shutdown and then manually turn on, making sure the external monitor is not connected to the laptop, and when the system boots, connect it. I have no clue what’s going on, and I would like to help fix this bug. Any insight would be helpful. Thank you.

1. Please read this:
    How to provide good information
    and post some more information so we can see what’s really going on. Now we know the symptom of the disease, but we need some more probing to know where the origin lies… :grin:

2. An inxi --admin --verbosity=7 --filter --no-host --width would be the minimum required information for us to be able to help you. (Personally Identifiable Information like serial numbers and MAC addresses will be filtered out by the above command)
    Also, please copy-paste that output in-between 3 backticks ``` at the beginning and end of the code/text.

3. Please provide the exact error message. You should be able to locate it using journalctl or by taking a picture of the boot process and then typing the text (Please don’t post the entire picture for 1 line of text)

:+1:

P.S. If you enter a bit more details in your profile, we can also see which Desktop Environment you’re using, which CPU/GPU or Kernel, … you have without typing it every time