Having trouble updating manjaro32

manjaro32

#1

I am trying to update an old Dell at work running Manjaro 32 (It hasn’t been updated in 6 months.) I used the commands from here.

I entered the last command and got this error:

[gailw@manjaro ~]$ sudo pacman -Syu
:: Synchronizing package databases...
 core is up to date
 extra is up to date
 community is up to date
:: Starting full system upgrade...
:: Replace manjaro-welcome with extra/manjaro-hello? [Y/n] 
warning: menulibre: local (1:2.1.0-1) is newer than community (2.1.3-2)
:: Replace mime-types with extra/mailcap? [Y/n] 
:: Replace pacman-mirrorlist with core/pacman-mirrors? [Y/n] 
:: Replace rfkill with core/util-linux? [Y/n] 
:: Replace wxgtk with extra/wxgtk2? [Y/n] 
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: gstreamer0.10-good-plugins: installing libsoup (2.60.2-1) breaks dependency 'libsoup-gnome'

Any help would be apreciated.


#2

All of the gstreamer0.10-* packages were deprecated a while ago and should only be needed by AUR packages that were built before then.

You can clean them out with:

sudo pacman -Rncs gstreamer0.10

Then it’s just a case of reinstalling any AUR packages; when you rebuild them they will use gstreamer1.0 instead.

Also, https://forum.manjaro.org/search?q=libsoup


(moved from #general-discussion to #technical-issues-and-assistance:updating)


#3

Now, I got this error:

( 650/650) checking keys in keyring [###########################################] 100%
(650/650) checking package integrity [###########################################] 100%
(650/650) loading package files [###########################################] 100%
(650/650) checking for file conflicts [###########################################] 100%
error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
xorg-server: /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/libglx.so exists in filesystem
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.


#4
pacman -Qo /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/libglx.so

will tell you if a package owns the file. If not, delete the file and re-run the update.

Also,