Has fluffychat package been removed from AUR?

I used the FluffyChat client for matrix chat. Recently, it wouldn’t start anymore. Starting from the terminal, it reported a missing dependency which I can’t remember. I uninstalled FluffyChat and tried to reinstall it. But fluffychat cannot be found with AUR enabled, neither with pacman nor with pamac, whereas it is still available here: AUR (en) - fluffychat

What is the reason for the removal?
Will fluffychat be available again?

I use Manjaro with Cinnamon desktop.

fluffychat and fluffychat-bin are found just fine by Pamac on my end.

Are you sure you looked in the AUR panel after searching?

I @prune,

Searching for “fluffy” with pamac, I was unable to find fluffychat in the repositories.

However, I found many fluffychat packages in the AUR:

$ pamac search fluffy
[...]
fluffychat-web-git                                                                                                                                                                                                            0.34.0.r726.g12cdee06-1   AUR
Chat with your friends
fluffychat-web-bin                                                                                                                                                                                                            1.1.0-1                   AUR
Chat with your friends
fluffychat-web                                                                                                                                                                                                                1.1.0-1                   AUR
Chat with your friends
fluffychat-git                                                                                                                                                                                                                v0.34.0.r124.g62a68984-3  AUR
Chat with your friends
fluffychat-bin                                                                                                                                                                                                                1.1.0-2                   AUR
Chat with your friends
fluffychat                                                                                                                                                                                                                    1.1.0-1                   AUR
Chat with your friends
[...]

And there is a -bin version. So you should be able to install it with:

pamac build fluffychat-bin

Hope this helps!

It’s right there in your output. :slight_smile:

Fixed, I overlooked it. Apologies.

1 Like

Now FluffyChat can be installed perfectly. In the meanwhile, I tried a workaround: I started a XFCE session, tried the same, FluffyChat could be installed, logged off, started a Cinnamon session again, read your answers, trried pamac: everything is OK!

I don’t know what the reason for the described behavior had been.

Thank you all for your answers!

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.