Half of screen doesn't work properly

Hey everyone,

Since about the end of December I have some trouble with my Manjaro-i3 setup. I think the following picture summarizes the problem nicely: see here

To be perfectly honest, I have no idea what is going wrong here… I have of course seen the big red box at the top of the forum stating that an update from the end of December has caused issue for a lot of users, and it seems that I’m one of them. My problem is that I don’t understand why I’m one of them (since I don’t have a nvidia graphics card) and I don’t really know how to fix this…

Can someone maybe give me a helping hand here and point me to some possible ways to solve the problem?

Ps. Unfortunately, I don’t really know what kind of information you guys might need about my system, so please tell me and I will provide the info…

I have problems with my screen at start of session, too after the December update. See [Stable Update] 2020-12-30 - Kernels, KDE, Cinnamon, LibreOffice, Python 3.9, Mesa 20.3.1 - #461 by mahlzahn
As a workaround I “fixed” it with a script using xrandr which is setting firstly some dummy resolution on the screen and then implement the correct one. Now I run this script after every restart of the i3 session.
Did you try changing resolution forth and back with xrandr or the gui equivalent arandr?