GTX1650 on Laptop not work properly

The hardware id in Windows:
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1F99&SUBSYS_3A4317AA&REV_A1

It doesn’t work fine with the newest non-free nvidia driver (video-nvidia-455xx, as I remembered).

Problem:

• can’t wakeup from sleeping
  • boot failaure and success alternates. When boot faild, I have to shutdown the computer by pressing the power button for some seconds, then booting again will succeed.

Error Messages

# systemctl --failed
  UNIT                                            LOAD   ACTIVE SUB    DESCRIPTION                                                   
● systemd-backlight@backlight:acpi_video1.service loaded failed failed Load/Save Screen Backlight Brightness of backlight:acpi_video1
● systemd-backlight@backlight:amdgpu_bl1.service  loaded failed failed Load/Save Screen Backlight Brightness of backlight:amdgpu_bl1

Just want to known if this hardware is well supported? Thanks

OK, however, I’m trying to find a quick answer, maybe it is a common problem.
If it is not a common problem, I’m not going to dig in it, because the laptop is not running Manjaro now, I can’t test on it. If there is a quick answer, I’ll reinstall Manjaro.

BTW, giving the hardware id, can it tell if it is supported by checking the supported hardware database?

Thanks

It isnt.
If the device is supported in linux, its supported by manjaro.

If you run any kind of linux you can show a report from inxi.

That driver works fine. Well … supposedly 455 is kinda buggy for some … but thats not manjaro specifc.
Also … nvidia doesnt work with kernel 5.9+ … so if you tried to do that … again not a manjaro problem.

Otherwise if you simply misunderstood how to configure your drivers … its pretty approachable:

https://wiki.manjaro.org/index.php?title=Configure_Graphics_Cards

1 Like

BTW, I always believe the quality of Manjaro, I’m waiting for a chance to buy a Linux compatible PC, at least Manjaro deserve it.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.