Grub Theme Creator - create grub themes easily in seconds

Yes. I have done one small change. I hope tomorrow will push the commits and add tags for the release.
I am very tired now, I was working on GTC. Adding some "cool" GUI features. I am seriously thinking of adding some kind of GUI (kdialog and/or zenity), so I am studying some.
Thanks for the support!!

4 Likes

I've added grub-theme-creator to the AUR along with it's dependency horizontal-grub.

3 Likes

Wow, thanks!
Please make some change I uploaded yesterday on horizontal-grub.
Polkit is dropped now for optdepend in favor of classic sudo.
I reworked it yesterday, adding more parameters, including no-confirm, so it can be used in autorun scripts. Initiated tagged releases, as you've seen.
Now I am almost close to upload GTC new version with smart features.

1 Like

For anyone interested on where this project could go and/or willing to do some testing and give feedback, I uploaded an alpha release of the coming version.
It has interesting features with GUI improvements, easy create grub-compatible menu bitmaps and verbosity option.
It seems possible to use zenity or kdialog to make it GUI like, but I haven't tried yet, just some RTFM.

I would appreciate feedback on errors and bugs of course, but am very interested in the user interface (logic, easy, difficult etc. ) and suggested changes or improvements.

3 Likes

I've just copied from the ArchWiki as someone pointed it to me in the past https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/VCS_package_guidelines#Git

I think the forum misses us.
We are both too busy writing scripts (and takin names?). :rofl:

Anyhoo - kudos :wink:

1 Like

Here is my current development phase:

2 Likes

For anyone interested, I have created a Poll topic, to get some feedback.

2 Likes