Grub missing in bios after switching to new PC

Hi,
I had a working dualboot setup with GRUB on my old System.
After upgrading to a new PC, there is no GRUB entry in bios.

I got myself a new PC.
On my old System I had a dualboot setup with Windows10 and Manjaro (each OS on a seperate SSD).
I took the drives, and put them into my new System.
After starting up the system for the 1st time, windows was running some kind of repair mode. After finishing, I landed in windows10, and in windows everything is working as expected.

In my EFI bios, I can’t select GRUB as boot-option (it’s missing).

I created a live usb with manjaro, and booted from that:

• There was a option (before actually booting to manjaro) that was called “detect efi bootloaders”.
  • After clicking that, I could select my grub from the list.
  • Grub started successfully, and I could successfully boot into my Manjaro System from there.

So my question is: How do I get GRUB to show up in my EFI bios, in order to select it as boot-option?
I read about using efibootmgr to create an Item for GRUB but I am not sure how exactly to use it.

My grub is resent in /boot/grub/ and it is working appearently, but somehow just not showing in bios.

Any help to fix this would be highly appreciated!

EDIT: I tried following the steps provided at the manjaro wiki GRUB/Restore the GRUB Bootloader - Manjaro
But failed at running manjaro-chroot /mnt /bin/bash

$ manjaro-chroot /mnt /bin/bash
mount: /mnt/proc: mount point does not exist.
==> ERROR: failed to setup API filesystems in chroot /mnt  

EDIT2 : Managed to fix it with the instructions from the manjaro wiki.

• Reinstalled grub
  • updated grub config

now I have a boot-entry in my bios, from which I can start grub, and choose whether to boot into manjaro or windows.

Managed to fix it with the instructions from the manjaro wiki. GRUB/Restore the GRUB Bootloader - Manjaro

• Reinstalled grub
  • updated grub config

now I have a boot-entry in my bios, from which I can start grub, and choose whether to boot into manjaro or windows.

That is normal - any system firmware will only know of the systems explicitly made known to the firmware - e.g. on Linux using efibootmgr to create the boot entry.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.