GRUB disappeared after system mantainance

Again, it’s not the loader sequence that is messed up, it’s the actual bootloader that disappeared. There is no manjaro bootloader.

That’s was reinstalled when we reinstalled GRUB from the chroot, that’s why I’m checking into this. But OK. I don’t know anything more, sorry. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable than I will be able to help, then.

Ok, maybe i will do a fresh install, at this point.

That is also a good idea, especially if you’ve got adequate backups.

Probably i’m a little late. But You were on the right path, but there were a small mistake in the instructions.
The thing is that you have to add again the Manjaro/grub boot entry to your bios/uefi. Everything else is in place. The easiest way is reinstalling grub to the EFI partition, because the installation process also creates the boot entry. For UEFI:
grub-install --efi-directory=/boot/efi --bootloader-id=manjaro --recheck

This has to be done inside the chroot environment (manjaro-chroot -a)

1 Like

Yay!! Using the live usb i’ve managed to boot again my system, then i’ve run the grub-install command with the aforementioned arguments. Now the manjaro bootloader is back on the bios! Thank you everyone.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.