Hi, I’m absolutely new on Manjaro and I really appreciate the job you all do here. It looks great to me, nevertheless I couldn’t get it working yet.
I assume, the graphic driver is not working. I don’t care which driver to use (free or proprietary), as long as the graphic card starts working.
Here is what I have done so far:
Installing Manjaro Gnome 17.1.12-stable-x86_64
The installation won’t start without the adjustment, shown in this thread (answer from joeky888)
– activating non-free drivers in grub
– editing the kernel parameters in grub, adding systemd.mask=mhwd-live.service
– in live image deleting the net- and video-identifier part in
– installing Manjaro with auto-login after boot enabled (if not, I will just get a black screen after login)
Installing proprietary nvidia driver
– Any contact with the nvidia graphic card will result in a freeze.
Opening “settings” freezes the system,
will freeze the terminal.
– When I blacklist nouveau, following this thread (answer from i_love_r34), I can, after the reboot, run the commands without freeze:
– creating a file
– after that I run
sudo mhwd -a pci nonfree 0300
as shown in the wiki (Configure NVIDIA (non-free) settings and load them on Startup), but
gives me (after the reboot) a [n/a] under “graphic driver”. Also nvidia-settings was not accessible after this step.
Now I only get a black screen when I boot and I am indeed unsure, what to do next.
Any help will be highly appreciated. Thank you very much
– Intel i7 (8. gen) 8750H Prozessor 6x 2,20 GHz
– Quadro P600
– 16 GB DDR4 RAM
– no OS pre-installed