Can't boot, stuck at /dev/nvme0n1p2 clean

I just installed manjaro on a new OS and everything was working great, but I had a power loss and when my PC restarted, it wouldn’t boot. It’s stuck at "/dev/nvme0n1p2 clean… " Also, it’s a brand new NVME SSD. No dual boot.

CPU 5600x
GPU 6600XT

Hi @livrerego,

AFAIK that prompt is from the fsck kernel module, or something of the sort. And the ...clean... part just says your drive has no errors on it. Mine also says that. I don’t think you need to worry, and it’ll continue booting. Sometimes mine also takes longer with that than other times. Except if it’s a really long time.

I waited for half an hour and the number of files/blocks didn’t increase at all. I don’t think it’s normal.

Edited the post removing the gpu stuff. I was thinking about another issue I had when I tried boot restore with a live usb

You are right. that isn’t normal. a Few second? Yes. Half an hour? Nope. Can you get into a chroot environment?

chroot environment? You mean that shell/terminal environment Ctrl+ Alt+ F2 (I’m still new to linux)? If so, yeah, I can get into it.

OK no, that’s not what I meant, but that is cool!

Yeah, I always forget about that :point_up_2: guide, so try that first. Thanks @cscs!

oh yeah it doesnt include manual chroot. But manjaro-chroot should work … though I might try runlevel 3 first just to avoid fiddling with some other system or boot media. Cheers.

1 Like