GPU died mid usage, now manjaro won't boot

Hello everybody!
First I’d like to say I’m still kinda fresh to linux/Manjaro environment so any help would be very appreciated.

Recently my GPU (Nvidia GTX 970) died mid usage. PC of course crashed… Since I don’t any leftover discrete GPU I’m currently forced to use Intel integrated graphics (I own i5-4690k, Intel® HD Graphics 4600).
Since I also use Windows I didn’t have any problems on Windows with downloading Intel HD graphics drivers but my Manjaro SSD won’t boot now anymore.
Upon trying to boot I get error.

[FAILED] Failed to start Light Display Manager

So I’m kinda stuck right now. I suspect it’s because GPU died mid usage and now I don’t have that discrete GPU inserted is’t a problem but can I bypass this so I can boot and download Intel HD Graphics drivers and just use integrated graphics for now ?

Any help would be very appreciated. Thank you

I use Manjaro 5.6.19-2 XFCE

Since you used nvidia - you will have to remove the nvidia xorg config to be able to start the system.

Remove the file /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/90-mhwd.conf

This can be done either by editing the grub entry (booting to TTY) or using a live ISO.

1 Like

Removed the specific config file and it boots now.
Thank you linux-aarhus !

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.