GPGME error: No data failed to synchronize all databases (invalid or corrupted database (PGP signature))

@Wollie I was following your instuctions on another thread, it is now closed. All the other threads on this error seem to be closed as well so I am starting a new. Please help.

Still getting this after completing your steps:

sudo pacman -Syu
[sudo] password for jeff:
error: GPGME error: No data
:: Synchronizing package databases…
core 169.4 KiB 525 KiB/s 00:00 [################] 100%
extra 1915.2 KiB 2.69 MiB/s 00:01 [################] 100%
community 6.8 MiB 4.09 MiB/s 00:02 [################] 100%
multilib 175.5 KiB 2.14 MiB/s 00:00 [################] 100%
error: failed to synchronize all databases (invalid or corrupted database (PGP signature))

1 Like

I don’t know what you tried before, but give a go to the following:

sudo rm /var/lib/pacman/sync/*
sudo pacman-key –init
sudo pacman-key –populate archlinux manjaro
sudo pacman -Syy

2 Likes

I tried to post a screenshot but it wouldn’t let me insert images.

"I would suggest the following recovery activity:

sudo rm -r /etc/pacman.d/gnupg
sudo pacman -Scc
sudo pacman-mirrors --country all --api --protocols all
sudo pacman -Syy gnupg archlinux-keyring manjaro-keyring
sudo pacman-key --init
sudo pacman-key --populate archlinux manjaro
sudo pacman-key --refresh-keys 
sudo pacman -Syu

Afterwards, reboot."

Looks like this worked. Will verify.

Now I’m back to the original error, which is why I was trying to update the package manager. I was trying to install snapd and it wasn’t available in the package manager. Search for it just comes back “No Package Found”. After following steps, it’s still not found. And when I try to install via terminal, I’m still getting this error:

“sudo pacman -S snapd
[sudo] password for jeff:
error: database ‘core’ is not valid (invalid or corrupted database (PGP signature))
error: database ‘extra’ is not valid (invalid or corrupted database (PGP signature))
error: database ‘community’ is not valid (invalid or corrupted database (PGP signature))
error: database ‘multilib’ is not valid (invalid or corrupted database (PGP signature))”

1 Like

What precipitated all this was just trying to open VS Code and it wouldn’t work. I’ve been running Manjaro on this laptop, and VS Code, for 2 years with no issues. Today was the first time I tried to open VS Code in about 2 months and it wouldn’t work. So I removed it, then when I went to install it via snap, it wouldn’t work. So I removed snap. Tried to reinstall snap, and it couldn’t be found by the package manager. Tried to install it via terminal and got the above error. That’s when I jumped on the forum to try to figure it out.

After doing this, I was able to install snapd. However, when trying to install VS Code via snapd, I got the following error:

sudo snap install code --classic
error: cannot install “code”: classic confinement requires snaps under /snap or
symlink from /snap to /var/lib/snapd/snap

You must make a symbolic link to get it to work:

sudo ln -s /var/lib/snapd/snap /snap

Also on a side note code-oss in official repos and visual-studio-code-bin (what i use) might be better than the snap one

1 Like

I originally tried installing code-oss from the package manager, but it kept failing. I guess it had something to do with the optional dependencies “ZSH Completitons” and “SSH Authentication” I was selecting them before. This time I tried without selecting them and it successfully installed. Removed so I could install via snap just to see if it would work now. It did. I also installed code-oss from package manager again, but selecting those dependencies just to see what the error was because I couldn’t remember what it said, but this time it installed successfully with them.

Is the a difference between the different VS Code versions? Does it really matter which one I use?

Shortly:

• Code - OSS is an open source project without any proprietary code.
  • Visual Studio Code is a distribution of the Code - OSS repository with Microsoft specific customizations released under a traditional Microsoft product license. Example the snap package and this one is the AUR.

Also you can find more information here

Not much but in my experience extensions work better in Visual Studio Code

1 Like

Well a combination of the above seemed to solve my problems. Much appreciated.

1 Like

3 posts were split to a new topic: Invalid or corrupted database (pgp signature) error