Got stuck at ASUS logo after reboot GDM

So last night, my friend reboot his GDM (Gnome Desktop Manager I guess that’s what it stands for), he didn’t shut down, and when he got back this morning, Manjaro accured problems, and got stuck at ASUS logo when rebooting. No error reports appeared on the screen.

• Windows11 was successfully booted
  • Boot Options for two systems are installed on the same SSD( the ssd where windows at), while Manjaro itself is install on the other one

Welcome to Manjaro! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1. Please read the information behind this link. It will help you to post necessary information. [HowTo] Provide System Information
  2. Please press the three dots below your post and then press the :pencil2:
  • If you give us information about your system, we can see what we’re talking about and make better suggestions.
  • You can do this by using inxi in a terminal or in console.
inxi --admin --verbosity=7 --filter --no-host --width
  • Personally identifiable information such as serial numbers and MAC addresses are filtered out by this command
  • Presenting the information in this way allows everyone to be familiar with the format and quickly find the items they need without missing anything.
  1. Copy the output from inxi (including the command) and paste it into your post.
  • To make it more readable, add 3 backticks ``` on an extra line before and after the pasted text.

You may try to extract some info with a live-manjaro from CD or USB

This program may help analyzing the situation:

1 Like

Tip for your friend:

Gentle shut down a suddenly hanged PC to minimize a chance of getting a broken filesystem and data loss:

My friend reinstall his Manjaro, so everything is fine now :laughing:
Thanks for you reply, I’ve read it and learned a lot. Just felt the passion and warmth in this community

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.