Google Drive in Files very slow

Hi,
I hope this is the correct forum section for my question.

I’m using the “Online Accounts” shipped with Manjaro Gnome. I now have my Google Drive in “Files” available but the performance is really slow. It takes ages until I see the content of the folders and working with the files (e.g. opening an image) is no fun at all.

Is there a way to speed this up or are the other and faster alternatives?

Thanks!

I have given up on syncing Google Drive. I don’t know why it is so extremely slow. Is it the Online Accounts code? The protocol? On Google’s side? Something there is broken.

I have also used the ocamlfuse Google Drive connector and it does some caching, but even then Google Drive is dog slow.

Sorry :frowning:

Google drive in the online accounts does not sync, it like a shortcut to the folders on Google drive itself.

I would suggest you use grive-tools from the aur.

This is what I use, it is fast and reliable, or at least it has been for me.

disclaimer – THEY DON’T PAY ME!

for several years, i use spam-free fastmail with data allowance, calendar sync, photo bank, link to your website or blog, backup util, etc, etc. i think i paid like, 60 bucks for 3 years. such a clean, lite experience and easy to integrate with various apps. i decided that, there’s a trade-off where i can pay to keep things clean and nice. one can create email aliases and link/duplicate/backup to other services like google.