Google chrome freezing when screen unlocked

Been having this issue since the previous version of chrome. Sometimes I unlock my computer only to have chrome be completely unresponsive, have to kill it and restart. Just want to know if anyone else has this issue as well? And why?

Please provide full info.

On top of what badbodh said - try running google-chrome from terminal and see if we get any errors in output.

1 Like

i use i3lock (through xautolock) on xfce and facing the same problem on chromium. It crashes/freezes quite often after lock/unlock. I’ll take a took what’s up.

Same happens for me. I don’t use lock screen though. It happens everytime after the screen on my laptop has turned off. Afterwards Chromium is still running, but completely unresponsive to clicks, and I have to kill and restart it.

Here’s my inxi output: https://forum.manjaro.org/t/dump-your-inxi-fx-here-and-bookmark-it/8298/9

An here is my terminal output of running Chromium:

chromium
libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
[30063:30088:0830/131357:ERROR:connection_factory_impl.cc(369)] Failed to connect to MCS endpoint with error -105
[246:246:0830/133611:ERROR:PlatformKeyboardEvent.cpp(84)] Not implemented reached in static bool blink::PlatformKeyboardEvent::currentCapsLockState()
[WARNING:flash/platform/pepper/pep_module.cpp(63)] SANDBOXED
Vector smash protection is enabled.
[246:246:0830/133617:ERROR:PlatformKeyboardEvent.cpp(84)] Not implemented reached in static bool blink::PlatformKeyboardEvent::currentCapsLockState()
[246:246:0830/133638:ERROR:PlatformKeyboardEvent.cpp(84)] Not implemented reached in static bool blink::PlatformKeyboardEvent::currentCapsLockState()
Killed

Best, sashage

The guys over at Arch have mentioned the same problem in this thread: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=212087

I’m currently also experiencing issues with LightDM when I try to re-login after locking the screen: Manjaro forgets its session after locking the screen (LightDM/light-locker issue?)

Recently more people have been having issues with LightDM: LightDM re-login bug persists?

Something definitely is up with LightDM and (un)locking the screen. Currently it does not work well and various bugs in regards to this have been reported, not just on the Manjaro forums, but over at Arch and other distros as well.

The issue might be related to light-locker as well, however switching to i3lock also didn’t solve the issue for me. The issue might also be related to the LightDM-greeter package.

As a temporary work-around I have turned off auto-locking the screen, because the bugs have been driving me up the wall. It’s a temporary work-around, but I don’t like it at all. I’d like to see these issues fixed.

Hmm, i have lightdm too. Not using light-locker though.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.