Go package installs old version

My laptop lists GO package 2:1.15.2-1, but even after reinstallation “go version” reports 1.13.

On my desktop system same package is installed and GO version is listed as 1.15.

It is possible that I manually installed 1.13 on the laptop and happily forgot about it.

How do I force packages update?

I also noticed that only my laptop has no issue with SeaFile client display, while every other newer installation has the same transparency issue.

so, I am thinking I need to force update the system, but I am not sure what command to use.

Thank you

You update your system with: sudo pacman -Syyu

That command forces a full refresh of the package database and updates all packages on the system. See Pacman Overview - Manjaro for more information.

Well, it does not think there is anything to update.

Here is output:

:: Synchronizing package databases...
 core                                                     169.2 KiB   206 KiB/s 00:01 [##################################################] 100%
 extra                                                   2038.1 KiB  1321 KiB/s 00:02 [##################################################] 100%
 community                                                  6.2 MiB  2.01 MiB/s 00:03 [##################################################] 100%
 multilib                                                 193.0 KiB  26.9 MiB/s 00:00 [##################################################] 100%
:: Starting full system upgrade...
 there is nothing to do
> go version
go version go1.13 linux/amd64

You probably have outdated mirrors too. Run:
sudo pacman-mirrors -f && sudo pacman -Syyu

Check which binary you are using

which go

we have 1.15 !

$ pacman -Qi go
Nom : go
Version : 2:1.15.2-1

$ go version
go version go1.15.2 linux/amd64

remove this version

User error. All is good now.

Apparently I had GO manually installed into /usr/local/go and then I had a symlink in /usr/local/bin/go, which came 1st in in $PATH and hid /usr/bin/go installed by the package.

I like that /usr/local/bin comes 1st in $PATH, I just forgot about it.

Thanks for the help.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.