Since the last major manjaro update gnupg stopped working as expecetd. It seems that any operation fails that requires the use of a private key - I tried decrypting, expiring a key as well as exporting the private key. The error that I get is always along the lines of " failed: end of file".
At first I thought that maybe some file in my .gnupg folder was corrupted. However, when I move my .gnupg folder to a computer with gnupg 2.1.18 all the operations cited above work as expected. When I copy a .gnupg folder that works on this respective computer to my manjaro machine, it does not work anymore.
To me it looks like it is related to the gnupg installation on my machine. Since I could not find any complaints about similar issues by others, I assume that it’s not a systematic problem but something related to my particular installation.
I already tried to reinstall gnupg including removing the cached installation package from my computer to force pacman to redownload it from the repositories. This did not solve the problem. Now I’m running out of ideas how to further tackle that problem.
If anyone has some hints what to try or how to proceed to further isolate the problem, I would be really grateful.
Thanks a lot.