Gnome panel issues with custom shell theme

I’ve used manjaro gnome for a while now, but now that I’ve installed it on my new laptop (Dell Inspiron 5406 2in1) I noticed a rather annoying problem: when I use a custom gnome shell theme (Chrome OS, but same problem also with Vimix and Qogir) I can’t touch the items (with touch screen) on the system menu (the one at the right with bluetooth, battery, power off and so on). With Chrome shell theme I can touch to open the secondary options, but then these don’t work, while with vimix and qogir options are not touchable at all and in both cases it’s like I touched on an empty space in the desktop… It only works with the default shell theme and I find this rather annoying…

Only Qogir has been updated for GNOME 40 out of the themes you mentioned, all created by vinceliuice. You’ll need to install qogir-gtk-theme-git from the AUR. Vince has been going through his themes recently updating them, so maybe the others will be soon. Matcha and Orchis are also updated as well.

Have you also tried swiping down? Sometimes that works when tapping doesn’t.

I tried swiping down as you suggested and it does indeed work, but it’s kinda sketchy… I noticed I have GNOME 3.38 installed, not GNOME 40 (in fact, this is strange as checking in settings gives 40 but in terminal with gnome-shell --version gives 3.38.4…), so I don’t think this happens because the theme is outdated either… Also, dash to dock works half-way: I can touch applications to launch them, but touching the Applications View icon only higlights it, looks like a gnome bug…