Gnome app config not showing

Hi,
If just installed manjaro with gnome yesterday, and I noticed something wrong with the app settings in the configuration manager under gnome. When I go to that submenu item, it tells me that there aren’t any apps installed.
I don’t if this is a gnome bug or a manjaro specific one, as I don’t recall if the same happened when testing manjaro under arch-linux.
I would expect for my installed applications to appear there, as they did on my debian install with gnome 3.38.
I’ve tested installing gnome-software (for which I had to uninstall pamac-gnome-integration), but that didn’t help either.

Regards

I can reproduce it. It appears it’s something to do with Parental Controls (malcontent) not being set up.

❯ gnome-control-center

(gnome-control-center:1238964): cc-applications-panel-WARNING **: 14:27:20.181: Error retrieving app filter: App filtering is globally disabled

I’ll do some investigating. :male_detective:

1 Like

On newer install i can reproduce too. On older install is not happening, not even after a full update, because the malcontent package is already installed. So, you have to install it and reboot the system.

@Yochanan - i think the optional dependencies and default install of them is different between branches, or from the past releases.

Hi,
I didn’t think of executing it via the cli to see if it gave me any errors, but after installing the malcontent package and rebooting, it know works as expected.
Yesterday I tested to see if it was something wrong with my particullar installation, but in the live environment it does the same.

Thanks for the quick fix

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.