is there somebody that has gotten emacs org-protocol to work on the Manjaro i3 Edition?
I have already spend days on this and tried all the guides I could find online, that all seem to differ slightly but none seemed to work so far, and I think listen all these steps would be more confusing than it would help. The problem appears to be with xdg-open and mimetypes and not having a desktop environment, because of using i3wm.
Just some things I tried:
- creating an org-protocol.desktop file
- modifying mimeapps.list
- using xdg-mime default
- installing perl-file-mimeinfo and trying mimeopen -d
- calling org-protocol with varying amounts of slashes / // in the address
- trying it with chromium (default browser) and firefox
- chromium doing nothing
- chromium opening a new chromium tab
- chromium opening a firefox tab
- command line saying waiting for emacs but opening a firefox tab (while firefox is not the default browser) and also displaying "/usr/bin/xdg-open: line 881: x-www-browser: command not found"
- at some point a folder called org-protocol: was created in my home directory
So at this point I'm really hoping, that somebody here has a working org-protocol configuration, specifically on Manjaro i3, at the very least by copying that, it should help me to narrow down trouble shooting, since a lot of existing guides, seem to be outdated or only work with a desktop environment.