KDE Discover - Unable to update "kpeoplevcard"

I know that there’s another topic on this, but that one was closed without a real solution.

I’m having the same problem - Discover is asking me constantly to upgrade a package called “kpeoplevcard”. The Discover update failes with no useful error message. I tried things like ‘pacman -Syuu’ with no avail (everything is up-to-date according to pacman, pamac).

Screenshot_20240102_183130

pacdiff -o gives me the following:

/usr/share/icons/default/index.theme.pacsave
/etc/shells.pacnew
/etc/firejail/firecfg.config.pacnew
/etc/fuse.conf.pacnew
/etc/locale.gen.pacnew
/etc/default/grub.pacnew
/etc/pamac.conf.pacnew
/etc/mkinitcpio.conf.pacnew
/etc/pacman.conf.pacnew
/etc/pam.d/sddm.pacnew
/etc/login.defs.pacnew

which honestly I have not the slightest idea what to do with it (this was mentioned in another trail for this kind of issue).

For one thing … you could use the search function of the forum because this question has been asked dozens of times besides being mentioned in every update announcement for months.

For another thing - you really should not be using discover (or any version of packagekit) for package management.

Lastly … you have lots of pacnews. Use the same search-foo to learn how to handle them.

2 Likes

Your mirrors and your file database are probably out of sync. :point_down:

sudo pacman-mirrors -f && sudo pacman -Syyuu

Note that the use of -Syyuu is only for this one occasion. As @cscs says, this problem has been addressed a gazillion times already, and it also goes back several updates already — to the 6th of November 2023, to be precise — which suggests that you haven’t been keeping your system up to date. And… :point_down:

… confirms this. Therefore, please read through this short essay and draw your own conclusions… :point_down:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.