Get CF Card Info Using USB Card Reader

Hi,

Need to get CF card identification info.

Have CF card inserted in a USB card reader connected to USB port on laptop.

Manjaro recognizes the card and auto mounts it.

However, have not found a command in terminal that works to retrieve all the card info.

I have gotten info about the card reader in terminal, but need the 64GB CF card info.

Any suggestion about command to use?

Thanks,

Mark

:+1: Welcome to Manjaro! :+1:

You mean by lsusb?

You mean parted --list? (which will give you info on all attached storage devices)

:thinking:

Please also read this:

and post some more information so we can see what’s really going on. Now we know the symptom of the disease, but we need some more probing to know where the origin lies…

An inxi --admin --verbosity=7 --filter --no-host would be the minimum required information… (Personally Identifiable Information like serial numbers and MAC addresses will be filtered out by the above command)

:innocent:

P.S. If you enter a bit more details in your profile, we can also see which Desktop Environment you’re using, which CPU/GPU you have, …

Thanks for your help, Fabby!

Yes, tried lsusb…and a few other commands…

It gave info about the USB card reader, but not the CF card inserted into the reader.

I need CID info about the card.

Don’t have the laptop and card reader/CF card with me now. Can try the inxi…command on Monday.

As for profile details, I have about 5 laptops with linux on them. So, gets a bit complicated to list.

The Panasonic laptop I used with the card reader has Manjaro Cinnamon on it.

Best,

Mark

Please give the output of all commands in my previous communbication on the Manjaro machine. :innocent:

• Just mention that then: Multiple Manjaro machines.
  • If only one Manjaro machine, give the specs of that one.

What do you mean by that?

:wink:

Will do tomorrow when I have access to laptop and card reader…

OK, will add specs too…

CID = Card Identification

:slight_smile:

a quick DDG for that still doesn’t tell me anything. What are you after exactly? The serial number of the CF card?

:upside_down_face:

For example, like this:

PCMCIA_DEVICE_PROD_ID12(“TRANSCEND”, “TS64GCF800”, 0x709b1bf1, 0x84382de1),

I need the info like the last two items shown above within the parenthesis:

(0x709b1bf1, 0x84382de1)

If I had an old laptop with a PC card slot I would use these two commands:

$ cat /sys/bus/pcmcia/devices/0.0/prod_id1
$ cat /sys/bus/pcmcia/devices/0.0/prod_id2

But I no longer have laptop with PC card slot, so, can’t get info this way.

Oh wow, that’s very specific.

:scream:

Here’s info requested and from lsusb:

indent preformatted text by 4 spaces

[marks@mark-rz4 ~]$ inxi --admin  --verbosity=7 --filter --no-host

System: Kernel: 4.19.144-1-MANJARO x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 10.2.0
parameters: BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-4.19-x86_64 root=UUID=ae8aaa7e-4ca6-4670-adbc-b71c4cd7720a rw quiet
Desktop: Cinnamon 4.6.7 tk: GTK 3.24.23 dm: LightDM 1.30.0 Distro: Manjaro Linux
Machine: Type: Laptop System: Panasonic product: CFRZ4-1 v: 001 serial: Chassis: type: 10 v: 001 serial:
Mobo: Panasonic model: CFRZ4-1 v: 1 serial: UEFI: American Megatrends v: 1.00L14 date: 11/13/2014
Battery: ID-1: BAT1 charge: 36.0 Wh condition: 36.0/36.0 Wh (100%) volts: 8.4/7.6 model: Panasonic CF-VZSU0E type: Li-ion
serial: status: Unknown
Memory: RAM: total: 3.74 GiB used: 636.7 MiB (16.6%)
RAM Report: permissions: Unable to run dmidecode. Root privileges required.
CPU: Topology: Dual Core model: Intel 5Y70 bits: 64 type: MT MCP arch: Broadwell family: 6 model-id: 3D (61) stepping: 4
microcode: 2F L2 cache: 4096 KiB bogomips: 10375
Speed: 799 MHz min/max: 500/2600 MHz Core speeds (MHz): 1: 800 2: 799 3: 798 4: 799
Flags: 3dnowprefetch abm acpi adx aes aperfmperf apic arat arch_perfmon avx avx2 bmi1 bmi2 bts clflush cmov
constant_tsc cpuid cpuid_fault cx16 cx8 de ds_cpl dtes64 dtherm dts epb ept ept_ad erms est f16c flexpriority
flush_l1d fma fpu fsgsbase fxsr ht ibpb ibrs ida intel_pt invpcid invpcid_single lahf_lm lm mca mce md_clear mmx
monitor movbe msr mtrr nonstop_tsc nopl nx pae pat pbe pcid pclmulqdq pdcm pdpe1gb pebs pge pln pni popcnt pse
pse36 pti pts rdrand rdseed rdtscp rep_good sdbg sep smap smep smx ss ssbd sse sse2 sse4_1 sse4_2 ssse3 stibp
syscall tm tm2 tpr_shadow tsc tsc_adjust tsc_deadline_timer vme vmx vnmi vpid x2apic xsave xsaveopt xtopology xtpr
Vulnerabilities: Type: itlb_multihit status: KVM: Split huge pages
Type: l1tf mitigation: PTE Inversion; VMX: conditional cache flushes, SMT vulnerable
Type: mds mitigation: Clear CPU buffers; SMT vulnerable
Type: meltdown mitigation: PTI
Type: spec_store_bypass mitigation: Speculative Store Bypass disabled via prctl and seccomp
Type: spectre_v1 mitigation: usercopy/swapgs barriers and __user pointer sanitization
Type: spectre_v2 mitigation: Full generic retpoline, IBPB: conditional, IBRS_FW, STIBP: conditional,

I can’t post the rest of the results, as I get error message that no links are allowed in posts. However, I don’t see any links in the text.

:thinking:

When providing code/output, please copy-paste it in-between 3 backticks ``` at the beginning and end of the code/text so that the output looks like this:

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.
Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.
Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur.
Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

instead of like this:

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

(as that makes our life much easier so you get helped more quickly and efficiently)

It will also get rid of the “no links allowed” error.

:innocent:

1 Like