Games are freezing for a few seconds at a time after system update

I am running Manjaro KDE and kernel 5.10.

Just recently (I believe since the last system update) all of my steam games have been freezing up every few minutes of gameplay. I first noticed it in CSGO. The screen locks up for a few seconds but the last keyboard input is stuck until the game gets unstuck. I tried validating game cache and it found 2 missing files so I believed that would solve it. The issue was still present so I reinstalled the game. Issue was still present. I have tested on CSGO, Portal 2, BroForce, and Starbound as native games. They all freeze within 3 minutes of game play. My wine/proton games also exhibit the same behavior.

Is anyone else aware of an issue regarding games on Manjaro recently?

I’m going to try reinstalling manjaro and see if that fixes the issue

I don’t have issue with games. I use Nvidia with kernel 5.13.
Try another kernel before reinstalling. Reinstalling because you ‘may’ have an issue is just dumb is a lot of work with little benefit in my opinion.

I just tried kernel 5.12 and 5.13 and have the same problem. Reinstalled and have the same problem then tried 5.12 and 5.13 again on the new install. Same problem. It’s so weird because it was working perfectly a week ago.

I am getting this error block in the terminal when the games are freezing

Setting VR Path Registry runtime path to /mnt/maincannon/Steam Games/steamapps/common/SteamVR
+++ dirname /mnt/maincannon/Steam Games/steamapps/common/SteamVR/bin/./vrpathreg.sh
++ cd /mnt/maincannon Games/steamapps/common/SteamVR/bin/./
/mnt/maincannon/Steam Games/steamapps/common/SteamVR/bin/./vrpathreg.sh: line 3: cd: too many arguments
++ pwd
+ VRBINDIR=/home/codazoa/.local/share/Steam
+ [[ -n '' ]]
+ exec /home/codazoa/.local/share/Steam/vrenv.sh '/mnt/maincannon/Steam Games/steamapps/common/SteamVR/bin/./vrpathreg.sh' setruntime '/mnt/maincannon/Steam Games/steamapps/common/SteamVR'
/mnt/maincannon/Steam Games/steamapps/common/SteamVR/bin/./vrpathreg.sh: line 4: /home/codazoa/.local/share/Steam/vrenv.sh: No such file or directory
Setting VR Path Registry config path to /home/codazoa/.local/share/Steam/config
+++ dirname /mnt/maincannon/Steam Games/steamapps/common/SteamVR/bin/./vrpathreg.sh
/mnt/maincannon/Steam Games/steamapps/common/SteamVR/bin/./vrpathreg.sh: line 3: cd: too many arguments
++ pwd
+ [[ -n '' ]]
+ exec /home/codazoa/.local/share/Steam/vrenv.sh '/mnt/maincannon/Steam Games/steamapps/common/SteamVR/bin/./vrpathreg.sh' setconfig /home/codazoa/.local/share/Steam/config
/mnt/maincannon/Steam Games/steamapps/common/SteamVR/bin/./vrpathreg.sh: line 4: /home/codazoa/.local/share/Steam/vrenv.sh: No such file or directory
Setting VR Path Registry log path to /home/codazoa/.local/share/Steam/logs
++ pwd
+ [[ -n '' ]]
+ exec /home/codazoa/.local/share/Steam/vrenv.sh '/mnt/maincannon/Steam Games/steamapps/common/SteamVR/bin/./vrpathreg.sh' setlog /home/codazoa/.local/share/Steam/logs
Unable to read VR Path Registry from /home/codazoa/.config/openvr/openvrpaths.vrpath

So I’m assuming it is a problem with steamVR now

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.