Dash-to-dock: Failed to open file gschemas.compiled

I changed to modesetting driver by mhwd, then after reboot the dash-to-dock stops working. There is the error information from ʻExtensions`:

GLib.FileError: Failed to open file “/usr/share/gnome-shell/extensions/dash-to-dock@micxgx.gmail.com/schemas/gschemas.compiled”: open() failed: No such file or directory

Stack trace:
  getSettings@resource:///org/gnome/Shell/Extensions/js/misc/extensionUtils.js:142:31
  DashToDock_Settings@/usr/share/gnome-shell/extensions/dash-to-dock@micxgx.gmail.com/prefs.js:86:41
  buildPrefsWidget@/usr/share/gnome-shell/extensions/dash-to-dock@micxgx.gmail.com/prefs.js:869:20
  _init@resource:///org/gnome/Shell/Extensions/js/extensionsService.js:207:40
  OpenExtensionPrefsAsync/<@resource:///org/gnome/Shell/Extensions/js/extensionsService.js:122:28
  asyncCallback@resource:///org/gnome/gjs/modules/core/overrides/Gio.js:132:22
  run@resource:///org/gnome/Shell/Extensions/js/dbusService.js:177:20
  main@resource:///org/gnome/Shell/Extensions/js/main.js:19:13
  run@resource:///org/gnome/gjs/modules/script/package.js:222:19
  start@resource:///org/gnome/gjs/modules/script/package.js:206:8
  @/usr/share/gnome-shell/org.gnome.Shell.Extensions:1:17

Can you try removing and reinstalling the extension?

Yeee, I reinstalled a lot of things, like gnome-shell, layout-switcher, dash-to-dock, Manjaro branding,still not working.
Meybe I should reinstall the whole system? I need to backup a lot of things and recompile a lot of software for that.

I’ll run an update tonight to see if I can reproduce the issue. The error you are getting should not be possible to originate with the mhwd drivers. Can you check your pacman log if you have gnome shell updates or something that have happened recently?

Also, does the file /usr/share/gnome-shell/extensions/dash-to-dock@micxgx.gmail.com/schemas/gschemas.compiled actually exists?

Okay, the issue is the latest update of dash-to-dock package. The git package has the same issue. For now, roll back with command sudo pacman -U /var/cache/pacman/pkg/gnome-shell-extension-dash-to-dock-69-1-any.pkg.tar.zst until we get the fixed package out.

Fixed with 69-3, just pushed to the unstable branch.

1 Like

Thanks so much :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.