👩‍🎓 Gaining Forum Badges

We all love these little “non-esential flags” on our forum accounts right? :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

So how do we earn some of these? :man_student::woman_student:
Most have enough description, but some are lacking info on how to actually get them…

For example:

So maybe put some links in those also :wink:

• Certified badge:

• Go back to the very first message you received on the forum and answer discobot and follow its instructions!
  • Licensed badge:

• After completing the above, send a private message to discobot

start advanced tutorial
3 Likes

Uhmmm that welcome message didn’t have any question i could answer to…
(Plus there is no reply option to that message, it’s closed)

Thanks for joining Manjaro Linux Forum, and welcome!

For a few quick tips on getting started as a new user, check out this blog post .

As you participate here, we’ll get to know you, and temporary new user limitations will be lifted. Over time you’ll gain trust levels that include special abilities to help us manage our community together.

We believe in civilized community behavior at all times.

Enjoy your stay!

I clicked and read those 3 links before i engaged further on the forum, at start, like everyone should :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

EDIT:
Ok i just send it a “Helo !” message via it’s icon, and it started to respond.
I’ll just see how that goes :smiley:

2 Likes

If that welcome message would have mentioned to send a helo message to @discobot more people would know about it and try it :wink:
I’m now certified yay :smiley:

Certificate of Achievement

Advanced User Track Certificate of Achievement

1 Like

:sunglasses: :exclamation:

OTOH, It was me telling you what to do, not you doing it that was the solution, so IFTFY!

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :crazy_face:

@Fabby
Yes but that post is giving the total solution. (Inclusive your starting hint :wink: )

Maybe it’s worth to convert this thread into a “How-To” at this stage…
(Not sure if that is among the possibilities of the software or that it just needs a tag)

LOL!

2 Likes

That’s why i did not select your original reply as the solution, so please stop the juggling of the selection :stuck_out_tongue:
(Yes i (we) appreciate your answer ofcourse, but it is not the correct one.)

1 Like

As per Private message:

FYI: Don’t assume I keep taking away the solution from you: any TL3 on this site can do that …

:man_shrugging:

P.S.: And they will…
P.P.S.

Nah! Always be polite and say anything polite back even when it’s a bot! :joy:

2 Likes

Ok didn’t know that.
Plus i don’t mind who the solution is “credited” to, just wanted it to be the one that helps to actually get it…

If people change it, it’s no problem because they can read the thread and find the actual step needed anyway…

I saw that coming a mile away…

2 Likes

So those badges are like a Pokémon cards collection that we collect, but cannot trade. :thinking:

I don’t even have Pokémon cards :rofl:

4 Likes

What are those? (Just kidding)
I must be too old :rofl:

1 Like

No, they’re more like unicorn medals!

:unicorn: :medal_sports:

(They only exist in our imagination)

4 Likes

Awww!:star_struck:

I would want one!:hugs:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.