Gaining access to all 3 audio ouputs on Odroid N2

When I booted Manjaro 19.06 on my Odroid N2 I had only a sound card listed in the audio volume app.
I wanted to be able to see all three audio outputs to select the one to use.
After a bit of digging I used some file details from Ubuntu N2 image and got things working.
I first created /etc/asound.conf with the content

pcm.!default {
type plug
slave {
pcm "hw:0,1"
format S16_LE
rate 44100
}
}

ctl.!default {
type hw
card 0
}

then i amended /etc/pulse/default.pa to include 3 additional lines in the ### Load audio drivers statically section

Load audio drivers statically

(it's probably better to not load these drivers manually, but instead

use module-udev-detect -- see below -- for doing this automatically)

#load-module module-alsa-sink
#load-module module-alsa-source device=hw:1,0
#load-module module-oss device="/dev/dsp" sink_name=output source_name=input
#load-module module-oss-mmap device="/dev/dsp" sink_name=output source_name=input
#load-module module-null-sink
#load-module module-pipe-sink

load-module module-alsa-sink device="hw:0,0" sink_name=hdmi_out sink_properties="device.description='HDMI Out' device.icon_name='video-display'"
load-module module-alsa-sink device="hw:0,1" sink_name=line_out sink_properties="device.description='Audio Jack' device.icon_name='audio-headphones'"
load-module module-alsa-sink device="hw:0,2" sink_name=spdif_out sink_properties="device.description='SPDIF Out' device.icon_name='audio-speakers'"

Automatically load driver modules depending on the hardware available

NOTE: the load-module and sink_properties are on single lines but look to be split as I type this

I then rebooted and found I had access to HDMI Out, Audio jack out and SPDIF out ports.

Hope this may be of help to others with an Odroid N2 and maybe the maintainers could look at fixing this issue in future releases.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.