Fresh Install Problems

I just finished an install of Manjaro. My Night-Light “Location” doesn’t update, and I cannot access the AUR (yes, I enabled it in the software center.)

This has been going on for the last 5 or 6 days.

Those are 2 problems…it would have been wiser to create 2 topics.
If you want to use AUR you should know it is not officially supported, that means not something for beginners. Please read the tutorials on how to provide system information. And i hope you read the wiki article about aur, that means, you have installed the prerequisites, and you are not on stable branch. Have you also refreshed the mirrors and are you fully up to date?

For the second question - the same - provide info. (inxi). And maybe explain what that is and where it is in the settings. And in which desktop environment. (google tells me this is plasma, but you should provide info and not expect people to google it)

1 Like

The automatic location for night color used Mozilla Location Service, and that has now been shut down. Use Sunset and sunrise at manual location or Custom times.

P.S. I use Sunset and sunrise at manual location

https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=487970

3 Likes

The automatic location for night color used Mozilla Location Service, and that has now been shut down. Use Sunset and sunrise at manual location or Custom times.

P.S. I use Sunset and sunrise at manual location

Thank you!

If you want to use AUR you should know it is not officially supported, that means not something for beginners. Please read the tutorials on how to provide system information. And i hope you read the wiki article about aur, that means, you have installed the prerequisites, and you are not on stable branch. Have you also refreshed the mirrors and are you fully up to date?

I had to “refresh databases.” Apparently it used to do that automatically, and now does not.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.