Problems installing xpadneo xbox controller configuration software

Let me start out by stating how I got to the point of installing xpadneo. Whenever I connect my Xbox Series controller wirelessly via bluetooth to Manjaro and try to play a game, the controls are all messed up. For example, RB is assigned to the menu button, the right trigger is assigned to the right joystick, so on and so forth. After trying xboxdrv and failing, I decided to install xpadneo to fix this issue. If anyone has any alternate easy fixes to the xbox controller problem, please feel free to reply with them.

Now moving on to xpadneo. When I tried installing xpadneo, I got this error that stated that the linux header files were missing. So I downloaded the necessary header files by running:

yay -S linux510-headers-5.10

(or something along those lines, I don’t really remember exactly.)

This downloaded the linux headers, and I tried installing xpadneo again. This time, I’m greeted with a new error that says:

Error! Bad return status for module build on kernel: 4.14.264-1-MANJARO (x86_64)
Consult /var/lib/dkms/hid-xpadneo/0.9.r93.gcf392a7/build/make.log for more information.

Here’s the full output if that is of any help:

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] Y
(1/1) checking keys in keyring                                                  [##############################################] 100%
(1/1) checking package integrity                                                [##############################################] 100%
(1/1) loading package files                                                     [##############################################] 100%
(1/1) checking for file conflicts                                               [##############################################] 100%
(2/2) checking available disk space                                             [##############################################] 100%
:: Running pre-transaction hooks...
(1/1) Remove DKMS modules
Deprecated feature: REMAKE_INITRD
==> dkms remove --no-depmod hid-xpadneo/0.9.1 -k 4.14.264-1-MANJARO
==> dkms remove --no-depmod hid-xpadneo/0.9.1 -k 5.10.98-1-MANJARO
==> depmod 5.10.98-1-MANJARO
==> depmod 4.14.264-1-MANJARO
:: Processing package changes...
(1/1) removing xpadneo-dkms                                                     [##############################################] 100%
(1/1) installing xpadneo-dkms-git                                               [##############################################] 100%
:: Running post-transaction hooks...
(1/2) Arming ConditionNeedsUpdate...
(2/2) Install DKMS modules
==> dkms install --no-depmod hid-xpadneo/0.9.r93.gcf392a7 -k 4.14.264-1-MANJARO
Error! Bad return status for module build on kernel: 4.14.264-1-MANJARO (x86_64)
Consult /var/lib/dkms/hid-xpadneo/0.9.r93.gcf392a7/build/make.log for more information.
==> WARNING: `dkms install --no-depmod hid-xpadneo/0.9.r93.gcf392a7 -k 4.14.264-1-MANJARO' exited 10
==> dkms install --no-depmod hid-xpadneo/0.9.r93.gcf392a7 -k 5.10.98-1-MANJARO
==> depmod 5.10.98-1-MANJARO

How can I fix this issue?

Removing the linux414 kernel solved the issue.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.