Every time I try to login to my user account, the login screen freezes and won't progress any farther, I've got no clue why. I can login to the root account just fine, I can use the terminal as well. It only happens when I try to login to the user account its self. I've tried systemctl default to no avail. I'm getting to the point where I'm starting to run into a wall with no clue what to do next. I'm pretty new to Linux so, any help is really appreciated.
- Is it a new installation?
- Has it worked before?
- If yes, what have you changed or done before it breaks?
- If no, maybe a re-installation is better, just give more HW info to get advice.
- With your "root" login, did you mean in KDE GUI session?
- Have you checked journal for relevant messages/info?
Post at least
inxi -Faxxxz journalctl -b -p3 --no-pager --no-hostname journalctl -g sddm --no-pager --no-hostname
You might want to create a new user and try if you can login with that.
This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.