Fractional Scaling

I just installed Manjaro Gnome 21.1.1 on my 2013 macBook Pro. Everything looks good except I can’t see the fractional scaling setting despite knowing it’s been enabled in this release. I’m running Wayland session.

Help, please!

1 Like

With Gnome, use the gnome-tweaks. Its se easy way :slight_smile:

Same issue. I just installed Manjaro Gnome and this is the first thing I need to set.

But where is fractional scaling? I just switched from Ubuntu and the checkbox is missing.

I tried Manjaro KDE and the fractional scaling checkbox is present.

It’s only missing in the Gnome edition.

I launched Gnome Tweaks, don’t see anything called fractional scaling. There is only font scaling.

Why has it been removed from Settings > Displays?

Please help! I don’t want to go back to Ubuntu anymore.

Here in German, but the point you are looking for is in the Gnome tweaks for the font size.

But as said that only changes the font. Fractional scaling scales everything right?

You’re right.
I think that was implemented in an unfavorable way by the Gnome developers.
But everything is scaled here.
Just test it :wink:

Hi, take a look here:

The checkbox will be there if you install gnome-control-center-x11-scaling as this is a Ubuntu feature, but I would suggest to also install mutter-x11-scaling , so you can use it on both, Wayland and Xorg.

Or if you don’t want to install the packages, on Wayland run:
gsettings set org.gnome.mutter experimental-features "['scale-monitor-framebuffer']"

… and reboot.

That worked perfectly, thank you!

Does Manjaro 21.1.1 Pahvo use Wayland by default with Gnome? Or only with KDE?

You’re welcome!

Wayland is the default on Gnome, but Xorg is just two clicks away on the login screen.

1 Like