Cannot Revert Charging Limit Setting

I’m using the most recent version of Manjaro KDE edition. I saw an option under Advanced Power Settings for setting a charging limit. I kept the upper limit at 100%, but changed the minimum threshold for when the computer starts charging while plugged in (I believe I set it around 30%). I decided I didn’t like this behavior, so I went back into the settings to change it back. However, every time I try to access that setting, it disappears. It will show up very briefly when I go to Advanced Power Settings then disappear in a flash. Is there anything I can do to fix this, or do I have to reinstall the system?

System:    Kernel: 5.13.4-1-MANJARO x86_64 bits: 64 Desktop: KDE Plasma 5.22.3 Distro: Manjaro Linux 
Machine:   Type: Laptop System: LENOVO product: 3260EDU v: ThinkPad Edge E535 serial: <filter> 
           Mobo: LENOVO model: 3260EDU v: Win8 Pro DPK TPG serial: <filter> UEFI-[Legacy]: LENOVO v: HHET75WW (2.08 ) 
           date: 10/24/2012 
Battery:   ID-1: BAT0 charge: 8.0 Wh (23.9%) condition: 33.5/40.4 Wh (83.0%) volts: 10.8 min: 10.8 
CPU:       Info: Dual Core model: AMD A4-4300M APU with Radeon HD Graphics bits: 64 type: MCP cache: L2: 1024 KiB 
           Speed: 1377 MHz min/max: 1400/2500 MHz Core speeds (MHz): 1: 1377 2: 1392

Update: In addition to the battery now refusing to charge beyond 23%, the variables /sys/class/power_supply/BAT0/charge_start_threshold and /sys/class/power_supply/BAT0/charge_stop_threshold are now set to 223%. /sys/class/power_supply/BAT0/status is “Unknown (threshold may prevent charging)”. I tried changing the thresholds with TLPUI but that seems to be getting ignored.

if it worked previously; unless you’ve removed some related packages,it may be a bug in kde and will get fixed later on.
or maybe it’s something else,idk.
here are 2 related topics that might give you hints:

While I still have the “disappearing option” issue in the KDE settings, I’ve gotten battery charging thresholds to work via the tlp gui. I installed the acpi_calls kernel module and everything seems to be working as it should.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.