I keep an offline Win7 computer in my workshop that runs Mach3 to control my CNC machines. For everything else, I use Linux, both on my home desktop and laptop (which, at the moment is Manjaro).
This includes, but is not limited to:
- browsing the internet,
- collecting memes, and making OC
- reading books, watching films, listening to podcasts,
- doing theoretical physics (numerical computing)
- writing papers and books
- programming, web design,
- book formatting, typesetting music,
- composing music,
- digital calligraphy,
- studying Egyptology (including typesetting hieroglyphic)
- occasional gaming, though I don't have much time for that, unfortunately...
The last point is the reason I don't miss Windows, too much. If I had more spare time and wanted to play the latest AAA titles, I'd probably make a dual boot. But no point, really...