FlexLM Dongle - aksusbd

Greetings. I have a dongle license that I am trying to get to work on Manjaro (it’s officially supported only on Red Hat). The dongle is a “FlexLM” type which is quite common. The one I have is issued for OrCAD, the PCB software. Official support for these is usually available for SuSe/RHEL.

lsusb reports
Bus 002 Device 003: ID 0529:0001 Aladdin Knowledge Systems HASP copy protection dongle
I installed aksusbd (the daemon) from AUR but the dongle LED briefly turns on and then goes off, so the dongle cannot be detected by the license tool. (OrCAD provides aksusbd as a rpm.)
I’m wondering if I am missing any obvious steps here or whether it’s infeasible. If anyone has been able to get a FlexLM type dongle working on Manjaro, I’d love to hear from them.
Thanks! - Ram

It could be you have forgotten to enable a service (I don’t know what the dongle is doing) - so my comment is generic.

Usually such copy protection devices needs a system service enabled to function.

1 Like

Yup, that was it. I had to run the following:
systemctl enable aksusbd
systemctl start aksusbd
as described in the Arch Linux page on aksusbd (I’m not allowed to include a link here it appears)
Thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.