Flash Player / pepperflash Install rpi4

None of the flash player / pepperflash install packages from AUR repository compile to raspberry pi 4 target device. Could you update the packages to compile on Arch Linux ARM (64-bit).

Let me know any different way to install flash player on the device.

AUR isnt something that manjaro controls ... it is user content.

Also .. flash is dead ... I think even adobe announced it will shutter the thing some time in the next months. But it has been functionally dead for a long time now. YT for example is all html5.

You most likely would want chrom*s version anyways (pepperflash) if you really really want flash.

Yep flash plugin is dead and it seems they want to keep it that way. Even if you could get a flash in AUR to compile it will not work with the newer versions of firefox as they do not support it along with some other plugins. There was a firefox-esr that they maintained that would allow flash but it is supposed to expire with support in 2020.

Pepperflash is also not on arch-arm or manjaro-arm repos that I can find either. Also chrome is supposed to stop supporting flash all together in 2020.

This topic was automatically closed 89 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by