Fixing Grub Loader for Boot

Hi, I was using manjaro and I formatted my laptop due to some problems in OS. After installing new manjaro, new grub loader couldn’t installed I think. Also I am using windows 10 with dual boot. When I look at boot priority, I don’t see grub/manjaro loader, only windows loader and others stuffs. But if I go boot menu while booting laptop, I see grub/manjaro loader there.

I followed this topic but this didn’t resolve: GRUB/Restore the GRUB Bootloader - Manjaro

What should I do?

i dont understand what exactly is your issue … you want to be shown the grub menu during booting?

I can’t take grub/manjaro loader to first order on bios boot screen. Because there is no option for grub loader. The only way I launch manjaro is getting into boot menu and click manjaro loader from there

i still dont understand…
you want to be shown this automatically without booting into manjaro manualy?
c83286fd01d0f499604f9805510de827a79c3543_2_690x338

1 Like

Hi @safderun,

I’m guessing you cannot see the grub boot loader screen and even if you could, You7 wouldn’t be able to see an option for Windows.

Please post the output of:

cat /etc/default/grub

Tip:

When posting terminal output, copy the output and paste it here, wrapped in three (3) backticks, before AND after the pasted text. Like this:

pasted text

This will just cause it to be rendered like this:

Sed
sollicitudin dolor
eget nisl elit id
condimentum
arcu erat varius
cursus sem quis eros.

Instead of like this:

Sed sollicitudin dolor eget nisl elit id condimentum arcu erat varius cursus sem quis eros.

Thereby increasing legibility thus making it easier for those trying to provide assistance.

I don’t see manjaro/grub loader on bios boot priority screen. See below

But if I click F11 while laptop is starting and get into the boot menu, I see manjaro and I can load start grub from there. See blow

I want to load manjaro as first os on bios boot priority. What should I do?

EFI
Non-EFI ?

can you check if possible
UEFI only ( no CSM )