Trying to get a Bosto16HD graphics tablet to work, need help

I got a Bosto16HD graphics tablet and I’ve been digging around trying to get it to work. I’m currently on Gnome (Wayland) and with the proprietary nvidia drivers running. For the tablet, I’m using wacom drivers. I’ve also installed the DIGIMend drivers with dkms_install

# /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-digimend.conf
Section "InputClass"
        Identifier "Bosto 16HD"
        MatchUSBID "0ed1:7821"
        MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*"
        Driver "wacom"
EndSection

The screen works, the pen works, the pressure works, but what is completely off is how it reads the horizontal position of the pen, it moves like 2X pixels, holding the pen in the middle of the screen will put the mouse pointer all the way to the right edge. I checked this on evtest. The limit for ABS_X (the horizontal max) is 8191, but the pen literally goes all the way to over 16k near the right border: Event: time 1616273865.832702, type 3 (EV_ABS), code 0 (ABS_X), value 16269 .

It seems that wacom drivers default to Android mode when plugged to anything that isn’t Windows. To fix that (with an actual wacom tablet), you hold 2 physical buttons for a few seconds. Something I can’t do with this one. It has physical buttons, but they’re not read by the driver (as read with sudo evtest /dev/eventXX)

I also tried removing the nvidia driver to see if it’d work, but after I did that, the tablet stopped moving the pointer when I moved the pen around.

Right now, I think the “easiest” fix is emulating the button presses of the tablet. Is that possible?

#sudo evtest /dev/input/event18
Input driver version is 1.0.1
Input device ID: bus 0x3 vendor 0xed1 product 0x7821 version 0x110
Input device name: "BYX Tablet Device"
Supported events:
  Event type 0 (EV_SYN)
  Event type 1 (EV_KEY)
    Event code 256 (BTN_0)
    Event code 257 (BTN_1)
    Event code 258 (BTN_2)
    Event code 259 (BTN_3)
    Event code 260 (BTN_4)
    Event code 261 (BTN_5)
    Event code 320 (BTN_TOOL_PEN)
    Event code 321 (BTN_TOOL_RUBBER)
    Event code 330 (BTN_TOUCH)
    Event code 331 (BTN_STYLUS)
  Event type 3 (EV_ABS)
    Event code 0 (ABS_X)
      Value   6986
      Min        0
      Max     8191
    Event code 1 (ABS_Y)
      Value   3167
      Min        0
      Max    10240
    Event code 24 (ABS_PRESSURE)
      Value      0
      Min        0
      Max     8191
    Event code 26 (ABS_TILT_X)
      Value      0
      Min      -90
      Max       90
    Event code 27 (ABS_TILT_Y)
      Value      0
      Min      -90
      Max       90
  Event type 4 (EV_MSC)
    Event code 4 (MSC_SCAN)
Properties:
  Property type 1 (INPUT_PROP_DIRECT)
Testing ... (interrupt to exit)

Other than that, what else can I try to make the pen coordinates work properly? Any other drivers I should try?