Firefox weblinks: permissions could not be determined

I customized my xfce4-terminal both on my root account and on my own account (which is in sudoers).

Until this afternoon, when I opened a nemo window as root, and then opened a terminal, it would look like it does when I’m logged in on the root account.

But after this afternoon’s update, it shows up raw, utterly uncustomized.

Would you know how I can restore its original behavior?

When I try to modify the customization of the root terminal on my own account, the settings are not being saved.

That’s because anything running with root privileges looks for its configuration in /root/.config and /root/.local/share, whereas anything running under your own UID looks in ~/.config and ~/.local/share.

So I should, somehow, get the “open terminal” option to resort to the root/.config setting, as it did before the update. It’s a pity that I can’t look back how it was yesterday.

I don’t know where the context menu commands are stored.

That will be in the pertinent directories of the invoking user account, although there’s probably a template for that in /var/lib somewhere.

I found a set of them in /usr/share/nemo/actions, but “Open Terminal” isn’t among them. I’ll check out the directories that you mentioned…

What is this firefox?
Is it a SNAP?

pacman -Qs firefox

I don’t know. It came with the fresh installation that I did yesterday. After the installation, I uninstalled snapd and flatpak.

The output of pacman -Qs firefox:

local/firefox 116.0.3-1
    Standalone web browser from mozilla.org

All its files are in /usr/bin and /user/lib though.