Firefox slow boot time

how about we get some actual times.
in terminal run:
time firefox

let it open then close it & post the time. it’ll be at the bottom of the gtk garbage.
example:
[pi@rpi4 ~]$ time firefox

real 0m0.306s
user 0m0.191s
sys 0m0.059s

I had a lot of stuff going on at that time. However the chromium boot was almost instant, while firefox took some time (3-4 sec) to boot, and the second instance of ff opened almost immediately, that’s why I don’t think that there is something in the background messing things up.

[god@work ~]$ time firefox

(firefox:30690): GLib-GIO-WARNING **: 16:22:00.878: /etc/xdg/kde-mimeapps.list contains a [Added Associations] group, but it is not permitted here.  Only the non-desktop-specific mimeapps.list file may add or remove associations.
^CExiting due to channel error.
Exiting due to channel error.
Exiting due to channel error.

real    0m20.506s
user    0m3.296s
sys     0m0.573s

i get a lot of garbage on mine, must be an arm build thing.
here’s my first launch.

Maybe slowish boot time linked to this error?

(firefox:30690): GLib-GIO-WARNING **: 16:22:00.878: /etc/xdg/kde-mimeapps.list contains a [Added Associations] group, but it is not permitted here. Only the non-desktop-specific mimeapps.list file may add or remove associations.

In my opinion, 3-4 secs for Firefox is absolutely normal.
I have two desktops and a laptop and the start is always around 2-4 secs.

Only by disabling all extensions, I can recover more or less only a second.
FF is almost heavy: it’s always been that way…

I get that warning as well, I think everyone on KDE does.

Only by disabling all extensions, I can recover more or less only a second.
FF is almost heavy: it’s always been that way…

Thanks man. Got it.

I vaguely remember that FF used to instantly boot under win10… It’s been a while, I could be wrong.

It is sure not a big deal. Just mildly annoying. I prefer look and feel of FF over Chromium, even that under synthetic tests the FF by the most part much slower. However, the simple scrolling of pages feels snappier on FF, at least on KDE. Brave IMO is even more bloated, and I just personally do not like it for no good reason tbh, although I’ve heard a lot of good things about it from my friends and online. Stuff like Midori feels very lack-lusting for me. IMHO privacy online doesn’t exist, so I gonna stick with Chromium for now, because that 3-4 sec boot time of FF gets on my nerve.

Thanks everybody!

Have you tried about:support and on the right side of the page clicking “clear startup cache…” ?