Firefox problems

This is the first time I’ve encountered this problem. When using youtube, the audio stutters a bit and the sound is gone, it returns back when I play the video after a pause of a couple of seconds. Sometimes the youtube tab either crashes or the browser itself. This only occurred yesterday, I tried updating the system but the problem is still there. I noticed that when the browser crashes, I see a systemd-coredump in the process and the device’s root memory goes down until it reaches < 30 mb and it goes back to its normal size, so I tried to disable it;

/etc/systemd/coredump.conf

[Coredump]
Storage=none
ProcessSizeMax=0

but nothing happened.

Tried reinstalling pulseaudio but problem is still there.

I don’t know if it’s just a coincidence but this only happened after I connected to my new wifi connection.

1 Like

Interesting. Yesterday evening, while watching YouTube, audio output on Firefox stopped and I’d a message saying it had crashed. I re-started the browser, plugged/re-plugged things in, tried re-booting , then, complete shut down and in succession sometimes in different order - surprisingly enough I’ve found this can work when there’s a problem. None of this works, audio is still down.

I’ve Chromium as a backup and audio works just fine.

Can’t help you here, alas, but I’ll definitely do some more serious sifting around The Forum. If I find something I’ll give it a try and let you know if that works, you never know…

1 Like