So, there is some progress, but more questions.
If I wipe the
~/mozilla folder, and extract and execute official prebuilt Firefox from Mozilla, the newly created profile does not have the issue when hardware acceleration is forced from settings, and enabling gfx.webrender.all makes the HTML 5 test fast as before when I had everything working correctly.
If I restore my
~/.mozilla folder, and use my current profile, the problem on the official Firefox is present again.
If I use the
~/.mozilla folder created by the official Mozilla prebuild, with the Firefox executable provided by Manjaro, the issue is not there.
So it seems to be a
~/.mozilla folder problem, right?
However, why is it working now when I wipe the
~/.mozilla folder, it was definitely not working when I tried before.
Why is it now working if I recreate a new profile, from my old
~/.mozilla folder. This doesn’t make any sense, running the official Firefox could not have modified the system in a way like that.
Some things that change between my tests all day and now, is that I tried to install other Nvidia drivers, but I’m back on same drivers as before… and anyway I still have the problem on my old profile in my old
This makes no sense at all why everything that wasn’t working on ALL my previous tests, is now working (fresh profile in old
~/.mozilla folder or fresh
This is really weird. For now I will try to wipe the ~/.mozilla folder, use the default profile, and reimport the 4 important files in the profile (will reply when it’s done)
Also I had a friend with similar machine as me update his system (on Stable) tonight, and he could reproduce the same issue in his Firefox.