Firefox 98 issues

Is it just me but the Firefox 98 is HORRIBLE … youtube just can’t work correctly with it. pause/play just never resumes. crashed tab on forum.manjaro.org 5 times before managed to open it finally somehow.
doesn’t open downloaded files with associated programs, like instead of opening .torrent files with qBittorrent it just asks me where to save it?? WTF?

1 Like

Just finding out, after downloading the file once, you can open download list, right-click on the file and check an option to always open such files. Dumb thing is, those files will do open, but after having being downloaded to you favorite download location, instead of the temporary folder…
:person_facepalming:

Alright, luckily this time they remembered to link the “feature” to a configuration:
In about:config, set browser.download.improvements_to_download_panel to false.

Thus, i started a tutorial to list how to undo unwanted features. Feel free to complete it!

2 Likes

Try reading the release notes. Nothing to do with Manjaro. Please don’t post rants in #announcements posts.

2 Likes

Have a looks at Firefox can no longer play video

Maybe you shouldn’t then put alpha quality software into stable branch? Basically the new version borked vaapi and if you try to use it as any normal person would, it just breaks the browser.

1 Like

You’ve been around here long enough to know better than to create a seemingly ignorant (I know you’re not), temper tantrum post about a stable release of one of the most popular, cross-platform web browsers.

1 Like