Firefox 108 theme is a mess

That screenshot in your OP sort of explains what you mean. Although it looks fine to me. Right-Click on the toolbar and select Customize toolbar:

I suspect you’ll find what you’re looking for there. I’ve customized mine quite a bit, and this is what the toolbar(s) look like:

Well, I’m using 108.0b9, I’m on Stable and I didn’t have an update since [Stable Update] 2022-12-06 - Kernels, Mesa, Plasma, Cinnamon, Nvidia, LibreOffice, Pipewire, Virtualbox - #61 by iusemanjar0btw

Try:

firefox --safe-mode

your have all the tabs at the top visible and it is a standart web browser layout . I tried customize toolbar but i did not see how I can see all tabs open visible at the top. I just want a regular browser layout. Why does it change from update ? I will try your way but I dont think that will help my problem it only brings additional tool to be visible even little selection icon on the right (like a paragraph disappears) these are bugs that was not there before. I dont think it is related to settings

Mozilla changes the default Firefox layout some time ago, so perhaps they had legacy support for a time, which has now passed?

:man_shrugging:

On Gnome there is a special theme applied to firefox.

To use firefox default theme you need to open Layouts → Settings → disable Gnome native firefox theme

6 Likes

this works even better than the previous layout . everything works the way it is .
but how do i achieve this as a regular version

1 Like

I suspect look at what @linux-aarhus said. :point_up:

1 Like

thank you that worked . awesome …even better than the previous. thanks a lot @linux-aarhus

thank you for all the patience @Mirdarthos and thank you @linux-aarhus
Is the developer edition better . Never tried it.

Pretty much the same. Just have a few extra things that’s handy for web development, is all.

1 Like

i will try it someother time. Thank you

BTW:
Please look into about:config and verify this entry:

layout.css.moz-box-flexbox-emulation.enabled > false

important if you use “aris/CustomCSSforFx/”

which config and where is it ?

1 Like

Upstream is aware of the issue:

3 Likes

In Firefox: type about:config into the search-bar
There will be a warning, accept and type
layout.css.moz-box-flexbox-emulation.enabled
set it to false, and all tabs are normal size again…

@GaVenga it is already set to false

1 Like

So it will be something different - my FF108 works 100% – no difference to FF107
I do not use any of the buildin themes but:

1 Like

@GaVenga after disabling Gnome native firefox theme , mine works too. but looks like there is a problem known by FireFox as well

1 Like

Thank you so much. This worked for me as well.

1 Like