System bootlooping

Hi.
My system is bootlooping, i dual boot windows 10 and manjaro with kernel 6.1.26-1 on an NVME ssd. Windows boots fine, but manjaro will show my motherboard uefi logo for 2 seconds and then restart to grub again and then repeat.

we need more info…
when did it started to happen?
was it working prior?
were you installing/updating/uninstalling/modifying something?

No, i just used the system and suddenly it stopped working

thats not very likely, that it suddenly stopped working…
so no update/install etc?
did you run update on windows?

No, i even tried reading logs with diskinternals linux reader in windows but there are no logs, i did remove quiet splash in grub and it spammed something like: error blacklisting hash -13.

Hi @ye_0,

I suggest entering a chroot environment, and then providing the logs from there.

How to chroot

1. Ensure you’ve got a relatively new ISO or at least one with a still supported LTS kernel.

2. Write/copy/dd the ISO to a USB thumb drive.

3. When done, boot with the above mentioned USB thumb drive into the live environment.

4. Once booted, open a terminal and enter the following command to enter the chroot encironment:

manjaro-chroot -a
  1. If you have more than one Linux installation, select the correct one to use from the list provided.

When done, you should now be in the chroot environment.

But, be careful, as you’re now in an actual root environment on your computer, so any changes you make will persist after a restart.

Once in the chroot environment, run the following for the logs:

journalctl --boot=-1 --priority=4 --no-pager

Where:

• The --boot=-1 argument will limit the messages to only be from the previous boot. This can be adjusted if necessary: -1 for the previous boot, -2 for the one before that and so on, and so forth;
  • --priority=4 will limit the messages to be only warnings and errors; and
  • --no-pager formats the output for use here, on the forum.

Copy and provide them here:

One problem, i can’t even boot an ISO, it also bootloops

Then you have other problems … which or what is next to impossible to suggest.

Secure boot comes to mind - perhaps Windows has reenabled as part of a windows update?

1 Like

No, secure boot is disabled.

I have to say - it appears you have not been succesful in establishing a boot override to actually start from a live USB - if you did indeed establish the override - then you have other issues as previously mentioned.

Wdym? I just want to get my system back. Is there any way to fix this hash -13 error?

I don’t know that word.

If there is a hash error then the file is damaged and you need a live environment to fix it.

@linux-aarhus - It stands for What Do You Mean.

Please don’t use abbreviation or text-speech, it makes it much harder to understand and provide support. Please see:

check if fast boot is disabled in bios - you may not have this option;
and check if fast startup disabled in windows